Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Teaching Children God's Love


Over the last several years, I have read some Bible stories to my boys.  We've enjoyed Noah's Ark and David and Goliath.  One of the favorites is Adam and Eve.  My son, Ronan, received a children's picture Bible and enjoyed listening to it to the very end.  I really wanted to move on from Bible stories and go a little more in depth with the boys about God, faith, and His enduring love.

This last Easter, I found a simple solution in VeggieTales 365 Bedtime Devos for Boys when I was looking for a little Easter basket stuffer.  The book features the well known VeggieTale characters and includes a short devotional for everyday of the year.  The devotionals are simple one page reads, but they are the right length for a 6 year old and 3 year old to listen to together.  It has given me the opportunities I needed to talk more in depth about God and his desire for us to follow Jesus.  Each devotional also includes a prayer.  Hopefully, we will even start to memorize some of the verses that go along with the devotionals.

Next spring, I hope we have covered the entire book.  My oldest son, Ronan, is excited to stay on track and finish this "thick" book.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment